|Company Name||Agente Technical|
|Location||Midwest, United States|
|Date Posted||January 12, 2018|
This DIRECT position is mainly responsible of the NPI developments in compliance with all the relevant technical documentation as well as supporting production when needed and assisting when necessary for other side projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following other duties may be assigned.
• The engineer is in charge of the NPI projects from its assessment to the FA article closure and handover to production (or whenever during this time when the engineer is assigned to the project)
• Responsible of assessing new capability
• Responsible of costing new capability responsible of developing new capability
• Generate all the necessary technical instructions
• Responsible for acquiring and helping set up vendors that are needed to complete a project
• Manage the setup of outside vendor services which may be used from time to time.
• Design or define tooling/fixtures necessary to support repair process and to verify compliance with relevant technical specifications and requirements
• Provide assistance, guidance, and instructions to mechanics and inspectors for best practices to comply with technical requirements
• Prepare engineering reports and data packages for repair development substantiation and approval
• Responsible to troubleshoot new capabilities while they are being processed prior to those projects being handed over to production
• Provides production engineering support when required for production, quality or customer service
• Support includes but is not limited to: create, revise or modify any kind of technical documentation (routers, teardowns, operational sheets), design tooling/fixture to support repair process, performing root cause analysis, creating technical reports, investigating a quality issue, communicate with the OEM, analyze OEM documentation, propose process improvement, be part of a resource of a project team, communicate with vendors or customers.
• Resolves issues between production and quality, evaluates warranties and corrective actions, resolves repair process difficulties, and notify maintenance of any equipment issues that needs attention.
• The engineer is responsible of providing engineering support for the processes and associated equipment he has in charge.
• Processes are usually not cell or part specific, examples of processes can be: Heat treatment, brazing, painting, CNC machining, thermal spray, cleaning….
• For a part specific issue, the product engineer will be in charge, but the process engineer will support for any further action needed regarding the process involved
• The required involvement could be such as: updating Operational Sheets, defining best practices, benchmarking best practices, assisting maintenance when engineering support is required on the process or the associated equipment
• The engineer is responsible for the projects he has in charge to ensure budgets, schedules and technical performances requirements are met.
• Responsible for project specifications and adjustments in order to be successful: define schedule, define milestones, define the communication needs, and assess performance.
• Responsible to coordinate any action necessary for the success of the project with any organization: production, quality, maintenance, outside vendors, customer service, material.
• Responsible for the risk assessment of the project in all aspects (technical, scheduling, cost, resource, equipment.)
• Propose solutions for identified risks: resource needs, training, equipment, outside vendor process, outside vendor service, maintenance.
Responsible to communicate, update and follow up on every aspect of the project: schedule, tooling, costs, production progress or difficulties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of 5 years related experience and/or training.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS Word Processing
Software, MS Excel Spreadsheet software and MS Outlook.
• Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is rarely exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock.
• The noise level in the work environment is moderately loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
• The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
• The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Note: Nothing in this job specification restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Critical features of this job are described under various headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. The above statements are strictly intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this position.