|Company Name||Agente Technical|
|Location||Northeast, United States|
|Date Posted||September 29, 2017|
1. Supports and manages projects to perform analysis and characterization of metallic and non¬metallic materials, and processing techniques in order to meet the requirements for the procurement, design, or operation of product
2. Under direct or minimal supervision perform a variety of materials analysis and testing per the laboratory’s standard work and operating procedures.
3. Work closely with and under the direction of NDI, Test, Failure Analysis, Quality and R&D engineers to evaluate both metal and composite aircraft parts, new materials, shop processes, field and shop issues.
4. Work with customers to define job scopes and due dates. Manage multiple priorities to plan and complete tasks with high quality and on time and budget.
5. Tasks include macro and micro photo documentation, sectioning of parts and samples, metallurgical sample preparation of both metals and composites, adhesion testing, data compilation and review.
6. May be called upon to learn more advanced analysis techniques such as Scanning Electron Microscopy, Energy Dispersive Spectroscopy, FTIR, Emission Spectroscopy and Real Time X-ray.
7. Perform all tasks safely, in a manner that complies to all EH&S policies and regulations.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Associates of Science Degree with minimum of 2 years’ experience.
• Previous experience with Engineering metallurgical techniques and sample preparation
• Previous experience with optical microscopy, digital photography and personal computers
• Experience in other materials analysis techniques such as: standard hardness, micro hardness surveys, corrosion testing and Real time X-ray.
• Proficiency with Microsoft office applications (word, excel, access, PowerPoint)
• Ability to complete assignments from written instructions.
• The ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure team environment a must.
Off-shift work and overtime may be required to support business needs