|Company Name||Agente Technical|
|Location||Northwest, United States|
|Date Posted||September 12, 2017|
Visual Engineer (V.E.)
We need an electrical systems engineer with VE background to hit the ground running. Engineer will design wire diagrams/schematics for IFE, power supply, and lighting for aircraft interiors retrofit, not OEM. I am not looking for an OEM person.
Creates advanced designs of avionics to include cabin system components, in-flight entertainment, communication systems, LED cabin lighting, AC/DC power systems and products to meet customer criteria, design quality standards, FAA requirements, budget and project schedules.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Defines avionics and electrical system architecture requirements, definition, system and sub-system aircraft integration for VIP/VVIP aircraft platforms.
• Develops aircraft integration design solutions utilizing engineering drafting tools for avionics and electrical aircraft interiors, system components and support aircraft installations and testing.
• Interfaces with engineering leads to resolve design issues, captures changes and closes out designs to meet schedule and budget targets.
• Supports installation of systems via liaison with modification facility, identifies root cause issues, captures redline updates, resolves design issues and updates drawings to meet schedule.
• Develops verification and test procedures, ground and flight test procedures and interfaces with FAA designees to incorporate compliance with the latest FAA design guidance requirements.
• Works directly with equipment vendors to capture requirements and ensures operational interface between systems and sub-systems is maintained and validated.
• Maintains close coordination with project engineers to comply with schedule and cost requirements of programs.
• Participates in the project bid process to capture engineering and design requirements for bid estimates and firm price quotes to customers.
• Interfaces with customers (internal and external) during entire project to ensure designs meet customer criteria.
• Reviews completed drawing packages from peers and approves them for release.
• Prepares design check lists as needed.
• Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on time to work and working full shifts.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in aerospace or electrical engineering desired; minimum of eight years relevant aerospace experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Aircraft interior and/or VIP retro-fit experience preferred.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Must have Visual Engineering (VE) CAD design experience
• Extensive technical knowledge of Boeing aircraft for VIP and/or commercial models.
• Strong working knowledge of My Boeing Fleet for OEM data sets.
• Thorough knowledge of power distribution.
• Thorough understanding of the certification and electrical design process.
• Must be able to provide complex lay-outs and program design studies.
• Ability to work and make decisions independently with limited supervision.
• Ability to successfully interface with customers on projects.
• Competent use of CAD and data management systems.
• Ability to understand and derive multiple customer standard electrical system requirements.
• Ability to work well independently and cross-functionally across multiple organizations.
• Strong communication, time-management, and problem-solving skills.