|Company Name||Agente Technical|
|Location||Northwest, United States|
|Date Posted||September 12, 2017|
Inventor (3D Modeling)
Looking for Avio Mechanical Design Engineer with heavy mechanical experience and some electrical exposure. Familiar with 3D modeling using Inventor or Solidworks, Catia is ok (not preferred). Must have aircraft hardware experience such as; honeycomb panels, potted inserts (screw into panel), sheet metal design, understanding of aircraft separation design/requirements. We basically need a CAD jockey for 6 months.
Responsible for the design and oversight of the wire installation, operation and maintenance of electrical components, equipment and systems.
· Develops and maintains aircraft electrical equipment installations, concepts and designs.
· Interfaces with engineering leads to resolve design issues, captures changes and closes out designs to meet schedule and budget targets.
· Supports installation of electrical systems via liaison with modification facility, identifies root cause issues, captures redline updates, resolves design issues and updates drawings to meet schedule.
· Prepares and analyzes electrical system layouts and performs design reviews.
· Documents processes, specifications and procedures that support the design and manufacture of electrical commodities.
· Designs the installation of electrical components, equipment and systems with maintenance and operational functionality in mind.
· Utilizes 3D CAD (Inventor) installations of electrical components to meet requirements.
· Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Aerospace or Electrical engineering desired, minimum of five years relevant aerospace experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Aircraft interior and/or VIP retro-fit experience preferred.
· Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
IN-DEPTH KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES FOR THIS ROLE INCLUDE:
· Proven proficiency in 3D Inventor for design and development of aircraft wire routing drawings for shipside and monuments to latest FAA design standards to meet customer requirements.
· Understands wire schematics, system block diagrams and topologies.
· Extensive technical knowledge of Boeing aircraft for VIP and/or commercial models.
· Strong working knowledge of My Boeing Fleet for OEM data sets.
· Thorough knowledge of equipment installation.
· Understanding of the certification and electrical design process.
· Ability to trouble-shoot electrical systems.
· Competent user of CAD and data management systems.
· Must be able to provide layouts and program design reviews.